Momma Bear: Clawing My Way To Answers

We are still waiting on some results for Demi. We are meeting with different doctors in different areas of expertise to be sure no stone is left unturned. We met with a neurologist here in town and discussed her MRI and she would like to have a CT scan done Friday for Demi. Hopefully this…

The Waiting Game: Ugh

We are waiting on some lab results to rule out or in a few possibilities for Demi and then we see a neurologist here in town tomorrow to discuss her MRI a little further. This is just where we start. It’s possible we could get some answers this week but even with those answers, there…

Persevering: Only With Gods Help

We arrived home tonight around 9 or so. It was not the best ride home, between standstill traffic for at least an hour or so, to multiple nursing session stops and to being between a 3 year old that just wants some attention from mom and a baby that has been through a heck of…

Leaving St. Jude: Demi’s Update

We met with the oncologist today to discuss Demi’s MRI report. There’s really not much to share at this time. We are set to see a neurologist next week to look further in to everything. This will be a long process more than likely. We have definitely moved from an urgent/emergent situation to basically a…

St. Jude: Day 3, Morning

We really think today is our last day here since it seems as though Demi is cancer free. We will be getting her ultrasound and MRI reports this am. Obviously the doctors here are incredible but they are oncologists so we may have to meet with a neurologist before we really understand what everything is…

St. Jude: Day 2, Afternoon

Demi is now under anesthesia for her MRI. The scan itself is 1 hour and 10 minutes. Brandon went back with her to be with her until she was asleep. She did wonderful he said. We are waiting for her to be done. Then she will have a 6 hour recovery due to her age….

St. Jude: Day 2, mid day

We are currently waiting for Demi to have an MRI of her brain and eyes while sedated..again. Obviously anesthesia two days in a row is a little concerning but I’m currently waiting to see the anesthesia team for evaluation before the MRI to be sure they are comfortable with it. It seems like it will…